1. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY EQUIPMENT POLICY
Students joining Les Roches, International School of Hotel Management will need to have individual access to our intranet Website, which hosts student information, including support and teaching documents and other learning resources. Students will also require access to the internet which is vital for access to online library resources, email and project research.
All students have to bring a laptop that MUST meet the School’s specifications as follows:
1.1. Software Specification
· Windows 7/8/10 Operating System English version (Windows 7 without using language’s packages). Only Genuine Software Licenses are accepted
· For Windows machines, Microsoft Office (2013 version or later), in English
· Operating system, Mac OS 10.12 “Sierra” or later
· Microsoft Office (2013 version or later), in English
· Internet browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.)
· Updated plugins (Java, Flash, Shockwave, etc.)
· Professional and updated Multi-Layered Anti-Virus protection (Kaspersky Anti-Virus, McAfee AntiVirus Plus, Norton Security, Bitdefender Total Security, etc.)
IMPORTANT: Les Roches does NOT provide any paid software (Windows, Office, etc).
Free of charge, IT Help Desk offers BASIC and LIMITED support to non-school machines.
1.2. Harware Specification
· Any Mid-range processor with PassMark score higher than 1.200 points. You may check it on www.cpubenchmark.net. School’s recommendation is Intel i5 Processor (or superior)
· 4 GB RAM
· 100GB space available (HDD or SSD)
· Wi-Fi 802.11 g, n (2.4, 5 GHz)
· Students are encouraged to save your files on clou solution (Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive, etc),
· If external hard disks or USB keys are used, it is recommended that all these devices are checked for viruses on a regular basis.
1.4. I.T. Support
It should be noted that Les Roches does not offer any hardware support for student’s laptops not purchased through the school. Ther esponsibility of hardware maintenance, purchase of all Software, upgrades and support rests with the student. Les Roches can provide students with a list of local suppliers who offer these services.